Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A funny thing happened the other day...

Monday I wasn't feeling so good, so I stayed home from work and slept just about all day.  Well, Steve called me to leet me know he was on his way home.  I got dinner started, and then I get another call from him.  The truck ran out of gas, on the freeway.  So, get some shoes, stop dinner and grab the gas can.  I stopped by Shell's to fill it up, and the stupid pump was being crazy.  I had used my pre-paid visa because it was what I had on me.  Well, I get going on the freeway, turn around from an exit and then stop behind Steve.  We get the truck enough gas to get to a gas station.

As I leave, I took the gas can with me, in the trunk of course!  Let me tell you something about Idaho drivers...  They have to slam on the breaks whenever they see a cop.   Because going the speed limit isn't good, they have to go 20 below the limit.  Needless to say, that day, it happened.  I slammed on the breaks, and heard the can go thump.  Within seconds the Kia smelled like gas.  Now, being sicky all day, this smell did not help. 

When I got home, I checked the balance on my card, $140 was gone.  That put me over the top, and I just started crying.  I couldn't stop, and when Steve got back to the house, he asked what was up.  So I told him.  Instead of making dinner, he took me out to eat. 

Now, when we got home, the windows on the Kia were down a little bit, like 2 inches and 1 inch.  Last night/this morning, it rained.  Not the sprinkle kind of rain.  But the kind that wakes you up in the middle of the night rain.  When I got outside to go to work, I had to come back in and get some towels for the seat...

I figured, ok it'll be fine, the sun will be out in full force anyways.  Nope, within an hour at work, maybe two, it was a downpour.  I ran outside to roll up the window...  Now I was soaked through.

BUT, the sun did come out.  All that's left is the gas smell, which will probably be there for a long while.

On a good note, we just are waiting to set up a home study!!!  So close to finishing our side of the adoption process.  Once that happens, we'll be "published" on the site, and our info will be given to Health and Welfare!

No comments: