Saturday, March 6, 2010

quilt time!

Here are the different views of my quilt. I've been thinking of outlining it in yellow and also the backing to be yellow. Still thinking on that, I have started to sew it, and about half the top is done!! Poor Koko got yelled at. He was wanted to see what mommy was working on!! He was laying on top of some squares and walking on others. Silly puppy!!




So, any opinions? Should I finish it up with yellow? Or do you have a different idea? Right now, I'm up for anything!!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That looks great! What fun colors! Yellow is a great color choice for your border and back!

My suggestion is to put a narrow yellow border around the main part of the quilt, then the narrow pieced blocks you have around the outside (you'd have to add another block on each side to make it big enough) and then another wider yellow border to finish.

coley said...

I think I get it, but i already started sewing, and those little blocks are connected to their respected rows! I do have extra fabric.... Hmmmmm

Elizabeth said...

Never mind ;). Unpicking is no fun! It will be great!

coley said...

Hahaha, OK!

The yellow border is going to be this yellow fabric from joanns with dragon flies on it! and then backing is a fuzzy flannel!! I can't wait to finish it!!