Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday Confessions

1. I listen to music and books while at work. How you ask? My MP3 player!

2. I've boughten so many books since January, and plan on buying a few more before the year is out. I love to read.

3. I love my sisters, all of them (even the ones who have no relations to me, you know who you are)

4. I love wearing glasses, seriously. Growing up I hated them, but I love them now!

5. I can actually sew in an almost straight line. I made a quilt too! (pictures are somewhere in my April posts and on my picasa site)

6. Be Still My Soul has become my favorite hymn. In fact, I'm going to post the lyrics, so you can read them:

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on your side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
leave to your God to order and provide;
in every change God faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: your best, your heavenly friend
through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: your God will undertake
to guide the future, as in ages past.
Your hope, your confidence let nothing shake;
all now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
the Christ who ruled them while he dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
when we shall be forever with the Lord,
when disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
sorrow for forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past,
all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

7. I have a huge amount of stuff that needs to go to the DI (similar to the Salvation Army, Goodwill)

8. I'm greatful for my family, even if I don't always show it.

9. I love going to short track races, and hope someday to go to a NASCAR race!

10. And yes, I am one of those Twilight people. I've read the books, who knows how many times, seen the movies and own some of them (since all haven't been released) though I have not gone to see the movies within the first week of it being released. Didn't want to deal with all the screeming teenagers. ;)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love it! What a fun post!

coley said...

Thanks, I have a friend who did that for a while, usually on mondays.