Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Infertility

I am borrowing this from a close friend's blog.  She had just posted and told all that she and her husband are infertile which is tough.  I loved what she said about things that had been asked of her, Steve and I had been asked and told similar things and I wanted to share this:

  "I will keep this part short but it needs to be said! During our marriage we have been asked and told some very rude and mean things. All those posts and blogs about what not to say to an infertile are very true.
I promise you all:
-Us relaxing will not solve our problem,
-IVF could help us but unless we can find an extra $24,000 + per try that isn't going to happen any time soon,
-Yes I would take your child in a heart beat if you offered it to me (I think I freaked someone out once when they asked me if I wanted there baby.. I told them I will gladly take her off your hands. Don't offer it if you aren't willing to follow through.. Hehehe) 
- Even if we stop trying.. It will not happen. 
- And YES! I see the importance of having children. (I was asked once why I don't see the importance of having children -_- ) 
-We have tried and tried and tried and tried and lost lots of money in unsuccessful pregnancy " 
http://justinanddebbiedoyle.blogspot.com/2014/10/we-have-exciting-news.html?spref=fb&m=1

And I would like to add:

- Just because we have adopted now does not mean we will get pregnant. (Yes it does happen sometimes but you still shouldn't say it).
- Yes I love my girl as if she were my own flesh and blood
- Yes it still hurts to see friends announce their pregnancy
- Yes I have doubts just like any new mother would have, I'm not perfect

Please remember when you talk to someone you know who has no kids, don't assume it's because they don't want them.  That might be the case, it's totally possible, but it's also possible that they can't get pregnant and have been coming to terms and grieving for that.  It's also possible that they have expierenced miscarriage after miscarriage. 


No comments: