Monday, June 7, 2010

Wow, what a weekend!

We were determined to go to the track this weekend. As during memorial weekend both races were rained out. It was raining off and on all day long. But at 3:30pm when I left work, it was sort of stopping, though there was a tornado warning! http://www.ktvb.com/first-person/95650134.html and http://www.ktvb.com/first-person/95706954.html I think is proof enough! :)
Anyways, when I got home, steve had the car mostly packed for the race, I just needed to find a blanket and my raincoat. We got to the track and it was, what I call, spitting! (really likely sprinkling). Out came the ponchos! BUT it stopped long enough for qualifing and the rest of the race. That was a good night, little crashes, so we were out of there by 9:30pm! Saturday Steve went to guard, and I cleaned house. We drove seperately to the track that night, wow, there were some pretty bad crashes (though everyone was not seriously injured). We didn't leave til 11:30pm!!
So Sunday, after Steve got home from guard, we fell asleep on the couch for a couple of hours. When we woke up, we both decided to just go to bed! LOL I'm still tired, but it was a fun weekend!!

No comments: