You know you go to the race track a lot when you win the same thing a couple weeks apart. Meridian Speedway does Race-o and lucky program numbers. I love doing race-o (just like bing-o but they call car numbers) but it's the lucky program numbers where I seem to win! A few weeks ago, we went to the track and bought one of the programs. I won a free haircut from Fantastic Sams. Yesturday we went, bought a program, and I won a free haircut to Fantasic Sams! LOL So, I guess Steve and I know where our next haircut will be!

Though, last night was a really good race. There were 4 different races. The usual Hornets, anyone with a car pretty much can race and Steve always asks if he could enter the Kia in it...

Then there was the wingless sprint cars, they did 30 laps with no cautions! I didn't get to see any of it, as I went down at the end of the hornet race to get some water and ice cream. The line was so long that by the time I made it back up to my seat, they were done!

Next was the Rocky Mountain Challenge Series. I've seen them three times now, maybe more. Steve said that they used to go to Meridian all the time, and then the owners didn't want them. But a few years ago, new guys purchased the track, and so they brought them back! They put on a great show. 100 laps!

Last was the CWI late models. They are a step up from the Hornets, but a step down from the Rocky Mountain Challege series. They put on a good show too! Racing started at 6:30 for the whole track, and ended at 9:30pm! There's been times when we didn't leave the track until 11:30pm due to so many cautions or red flags. It was the ending to a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment